Debt Recovery Cardiff








Nationwide Service by Solicitors Based in Cardiff

Prevention of Rent Arrears or Mortgage Arrears

It is sometimes very difficult to recover rent arrears, or mortgage arrears if there is insufficient equity. The key is to be prepared and act early. In most cases, we advise that you contact us as soon as there are two months rent arrears. The quicker eviction notices are served and possession proceedings issued, the quicker you have control of the situation. If you are a mortgagee or social landlord, there are additional hurdles such as the pre-action protocols. You don't necessarily have to evict straight away, but get the possession order so you are, as far as possible, in control. Prior to that, make sure that your contracts are drawn to give you the best chance. For example, does your tenancy agreement allow you to evict during the fixed term of an assured shorthold tenancy? Do you have a deposit, or a guarantor? Get in touch with us now so we can help you set yourself up for the best possible outcome if anything goes wrong.

Recovery of Rent Arrears or Other Debts

If you haven't managed to prevent arrears, whether it's rent arrears, mortgage arrears, or a trade debt, we can help you get your money back. We can help track down your debtor or former tenant, whether they have disappeared to London, Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield, Bradford, Liverpool, Manchester or Bristol. Once tracked down, often, a simple solicitor's letter to a former tenant, mortgagor or debtor who owes you money for rent arrears or anything else will get you paid. If you are ignored, we can issue proceedings, look after your claim and represent you in court anywhere in England and Wales.

Enforcement of County Court Judgments

If your tenant or borrower has been evicted (or left) owing arrears, we can help. We can trace the tenant or borrower whether they have fled to London, Manchester, Bristol, Cardiff, Coventry, Leicester, Nottingham, Newcastle, or anywhere else in England and Wales, obtain judgment for the arrears or other debt, and advise you regarding how to enforce your judgment. You may be able to put a charge on their property (charging order), force their employer to pay part of their salary to you (attachment of earnings order), force a third party such as the debtor's bank to pay money or send around high court bailiffs to take their possessions. It's not necessarily true that you can't enforce a judgment against your former tenant or borrower more than six years after it was made.

Contact us now for a free, no obligation discussion.

Simon J Vollans & Co

Nationwide - Tenant Evictions – Property – Repossession – Arrears Recovery